Staff must be set up in Blackpurl > Account Settings as a Technician for Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking purposes.
To set up Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking (to specific Service Jobs), please review this article - Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking Setup
Once the initial setup has been completed, there are two options on how to Job Clock onto Customer Order Service Jobs:
- From Blackpurl Header > click
- To narrow down the job to see only the jobs for a certain Technician > click in the Select Technician field and start typing the Technician's name.
Once you have found the Technician > click to select
3. The Technician is now at the top of the screen
Service Jobs will now list in the following order:
- Any Service Job that has been assigned to that particular Technician gets listed first
- Any Service Job that has no Technician assigned will list next. If the Technician wants to assign themselves to a service job, they can click on next to the relevant Service Job line item; and
- All other Service Jobs that have Technicians already assigned to them but it does give the option for your Technician to Assign to Me
- To Job Clock ON, on the relevant Service Job line item - our Technician Keith O'Brien will clicks on to start the timer
The Job Clock Timer has started and looks like this
- To Job Clock OFF, simply click on to stop the timer
TIP: Did you know if your Technicians are using their mobile device to job clock on / off with, they can use the Talk to Text feature to add notes to the Notes section
- Technician would click into the Notes section
- The mobile device's keyboard will engage and then if the keyboard has the icon - , the Technician can click on that icon and then talk and the device will change the talk into text in that field
- The time will be added to the total time associated with that Service Job.
- Any Job Clocking will show up in the Technician time section of the relevant Customer Order Service Job.
- Navigate to the relevant Customer Order > Service Job > Technician time section
- Assign the Technician directly from this section by clicking on and select the Technician
- Technicians can Job Clock ON by clicking and then Job Clock OFF by clicking on
- This header section will list all Technicians icons that have been assigned to this Service Job so even if this section is collapsed, the user can still see the Technicians. If a Technician is in GREEN it means that they are still Job Clocked on.
- This will list all Technicians as well as their total job clocking for this Service Job.
- Manual entries can still be made by clicking on etc
The Technician can Job Clock ON / OFF directly from this section as well by finding their name and clicking on the
Job Clock ON / OFF directly from the relevant Customer Order > Service Job > Technician time section
To edit/manage Service Job Clocking entries, please review the relevant article by click on this link - How to Manage or Change Job Clocking on a Service Job
To learn how to Job Clock onto Other Tasks, please review our article - Other Tasks - Job Clocking On / Off