SYSTEM SETTING > SETTINGS AND CONTROLS > ACCOUNT TYPE
This feature will give users a way of assigning an Account Type to both customers and vendors which will benefit them by allowing:
- Reports to be run for these entities that can be filtered and/or sorted by this account type; and
- Tax exemptions will be controlled by Account Type
TO REVIEW OR ADD NEW ACCOUNT TYPES
- From the Blackpurl Header >> System Settings
- From the System settings Dashboard, select
- From the Settings & Controls options > select Account Types
- Account Type - Retail Customer - applies to Customers only and it has no tax exemptions.
- Account Type - Supplier - applies to Vendors only and it has no tax exemptions.
TIP: If you wish to edit the Account type, click on the relevant account type line.
- You can have as many Account Types as you require - with different combinations of tax exemptions etc.
HOW TO ADD A NEW ACCOUNT TYPE:
Use the same concept for creating a new Account Type that applies to Vendors and Customers.
- From the Setting & Control - Account Types, click on
- Then simply complete the Add account type pop up and then click on
I have Customers that only pays GST, a new Account type is created that will only apply to Customers only and then tick all Exempt checkboxes except for GST - see below:
- Once the new Account Type is created - it will show in this section:
NOTE: I have not changed the default. All new customer created will still default to the Account Type: Retail Customer.
Use this same concept for assigning Account Types to both Vendor and Customers (you would just need to navigate to the relevant Vendor record or Customer record)
- Continuing with our example above for Customers:
- From the Edit Customer Screen > find Account Type field and select your new Account Type > then
- The Customer record will update with the new Account Type and what the relevant tax exemptions are:
- You can now run certain grid searches and have the option of adding a new column Account Type.
- You now have the option in the parameters to report on Account Types.