What is Payroll Clocking?
- Payroll Clocking is the ability to have your staff clock on/off the system to keep a log of when they are at work and available to work
- By Payroll Clocking ON - staff indicates to Blackpurl that they are ready and available for work
- By Payroll Clocking OFF - staff indicates to Blackpurl that they are no longer available for work
- With Payroll Clocking ON / OFF - the system will tell you how long they were available in a specific time frame
- For further information, please review our article - Payroll Clocking ON / OFF
What is Job Clocking?
- Job Clocking is the ability for your Technicians to actually clock onto specific Customer Order > Service Jobs throughout the day
- By having your Technicians' Job Clocking ON - it starts the timer to record how much time they are spending on that specific job
- By having your Technicians' Job Clocking OFF - it stops the timer so you can see how much time they actually job clocked onto that specific job for
- With Job Clocking ON /OFF - the system will tell you how many service jobs they were job clocked onto and for how long
- For further information, please review our article - Service Job - Job Clocking On / Off
Why use Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking?
- As stated above, by Payroll Clocking ON / OFF, staff are telling Blackpurl that they are ready and available for work
- By having your Technicians' Job Clocking ON / OFF, you can tell how long they are spending on specific jobs
- By having these two components we can then provide productivity reports and find out if your Technicians are productive, efficient, and proficient.
Where do Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking fit in with Productivity Reporting?
- By establishing when a Technician is available for work (Payroll Clocking) - you can establish how many hours they are available for
- If your Technician Payroll Clocked ON today at 8 am and Payroll Clocked OFF at 3 pm, the system knows that they have been available to work for 7 hours
- If your Technician only Job Clocks onto several Service Jobs for a total of 4 hours during the day, by comparing it to how many hours they were actually available to work (Payroll Clocking), Blackpurl can calculate how productive your Technician is.
- Likewise if your Technician Job Clocks onto a Service Job for 3 hours but you can only bill/invoice 2 hours to the customer, Blackpurl can calculate how efficient that particular Technician actually is.
- By comparing the number of billed/invoiced hours with the number of available hours (Payroll Clocking), Blackpurl can calculate how proficient your Technician is.
For further information on Productivity Reporting, please review our article - Reporting - How to Run Technician Productivity Reports (including Job Clocking / Payroll Clocking)
For further information, you may want to review the following articles by clicking on the relevant links below:
Payroll Clocking and Job Clocking Setup
How to Manage Payroll Clocking
How to Manage or Change Job Clocking on a Service Job
Other Tasks - Job Clocking On / Off