For a full overview of Part Counting Tool and how to create a new Part Count session, review our article - Part Counting Tool - Overview
The user has already created a new Part Count Session for a Full Inventory Count.
***Reminder: The system will not allow you to add a part to a count session if it is already on another active count session. The following pop up message will appear:
How to process a Full Inventory Count
Review the screen:
A. Name of the Count (as per the name given to the Count Session)
B. Details on the Count Session ie Number / Status / Date
C. You can print or export the count session list
D. Counted Parts tab - will list the parts that have been counted
E. Uncounted Parts tab - When Blackpurl generated the Full Inventory Count session, ALL parts are listed here
F. Issues to Resolve tab - will list any issues
G. Adjustments tab - it will list any adjustments that will be needed
H. Start Typing - where the user will scan in the part being counted or manually type it in to search
I. Import File - user will be able to import a count file ie excel csv file etc. For information on barcode scanning
apps, review our article - Using a Barcode Scanning App to Help with Counting Your Part Inventory
J. A list of the counted parts
K. Total Adjustment - an estimate of the current adjustment. ***When finalizing the count session this amount could
change as the system will then provide an actual cost adjustment figure based off the FIFO (First In / First Out)
principle for cost.
L. User will be able to SAVE and close or Finalize count
- A - OPTION 1
- The user would manually search for and add the parts that they are counting.
- User would ensure that they are on the Counted Parts tab and then start scanning or manually type/search for each part
- Once the part is selected - the Record Part Count window will pop up for user to key in change to the location (if any) and then the user will add the Counted quantity then click on
- Blackpurl will add the part and the adjustment (if any) to the list of counted items.
- The user would then complete the same action for each and every part they are counting for this Full Inventory Count session.
The logic is that the tool will then match the Part Number giving in the import file to Part or SKU numbers in Blackpurl
- Once the file has been uploaded you will get the opportunity of loading another import file or just say you are done.
- C - OPTION C
- Use a combination of Option A and B. Upload files and also do manual entries
All options will continue from here
- All the parts are now listed in the Counted Parts section
- We would now recommend that you review and action as required each of the tabs.
- Counted Parts - will list parts you have imported or manually added as the count
- Uncounted Parts - will list parts that the system indicates a quantity available in Blackpurl BUT are not on the list of counted parts.
- Issues to resolve - if there are any issues with the part count / part number / duplication etc
- Adjustments - this is a list of the current adjustments that the system is looking to make
- Once the user is finished this session, they have the option of Save and Close or Finalize Count.
Save and Close - will allow you to come back to this Count Session at a later time. The Count Session will now list in under the Open Counts tab and you can access it again by clicking on the relevant line item.
Finalize Count - will start the finalizing the count and calculating the adjustments amount and requirements.
PLEASE READ OUR RECOMMENDATIONS BEFORE THE FINALIZE COUNT IS CLICKED:
- Review the Adjustment tab as it will list the adjustments
- Review and resolve any issue listing under the Issues to resolve tab
- Review the uncounted parts list.
- There will be always a running total of an estimate of the running Adjustment total, please review. When Finalize Count this amount could change as the system will then provide an actual cost adjustment figure based off the FIFO (First In / First Out) principle for cost.
- Once you are ready and click on Finalize Count, Blackpurl will ask you to review the information on the Finalize count session window.
Please review all figures / change the Adjustment category (if you have Accounting Integration this will be the General Ledger where the adjustment amount will go to) and whether or not you want to adjust the uncounted parts to a zero quantity etc.
If all ok > click on
- The relevant Part Records will be adjusted accordingly
- If you have Accounting Integration and have Finalize now, it would be at this point that the relevant parts are adjusted and the adjustment journal entry will integrates to the accounting package.