HOW TO PROCESS A SERVICE JOB
Scenario: An existing Customer - Jaxon Price - is requiring a service and new brake pad to be installed on his 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail.
If you prefer to watch a video, click on this link Video - How to Process a Service Job
- From the Blackpurl Header > click
- Click into the Select Customer section and then Select for an existing customer field.
The Select for an existing customer functionality will allow you to search for the customer using keywords such as surname / first name / mobile number / email address.
As you start typing your search keyword, the system will start listing the search results that match. In our example we search for our customer Jaxon Price using his surname - Price - as the keyword.
Once you see the required customer, click to select.
- After selecting your customer, select START A SERVICE OR REPAIR JOB
The system will automatically open a Service Job 1 section:
- Using the drop down arrow open up the Service Job 1 > Job Details section and add / complete the relevant information
B. View Unit - allows user to view the Customer Owned Unit record (ie service history etc)
C. Add a New Unit - allows user to add a new Customer Owned Unit
D. Who is paying for the job? - There are 4 options
- Customer Pay - the customer is paying for the Service Job themselves
- Third Party Pay - a third party such as Insurance or warranty claims, is paying for the Service Job
- Internal Expense - the dealership is wearing the cost of the Service Job
- Quote - at this stage the Service Job is only a quote
E. Job Status - tells user what status the job is at. The options are:
- In Progress
- On Hold
G. Concern - the user can type in what concerns the customer has etc. For example: 12000km service required.
After user has typed in the Concern, remember to press Enter to accept the text into that field
H. Cause - if there are any specific causes to the concern
After you have typed in your Cause, press Enter to accept the text into that field.
I. Correction - what corrections may be required or what corrections have been completed.
After you have typed in the Correction, press Enter to accept the text into that field.
J. Odometer readings - what is the odometer reading upon arrival at the dealership and upon departure.
- Using the drop down arrow open up the Service Job 1 > Job Items section and add what parts / labour / fees etc required for this service:
To search use keywords such as Labor / Merchandise / Sublet / Kit Fee. If you use a keyword it narrow down the search result.
For example - we are requiring to add a Labor line for this Service Job. Type in Labor
- Using the same concept in Step 5 - search for Brake Pads use the keyword Merchandise:
This would also be a good time to obtain Customer Approval for the work you are about to do on the Customer's unit.
Please review the follow article that will take you through the Customer Approval options -Service Jobs - Approval from Customer using Verbal / Printed or Digital Signature
7. If the Service Job is ready to be worked on and the unit has been received > change the status (as required) from the Service Job 1 header to READY
- Once the Service Worksheet is returned by the technicians, start to finalise the Service Job.
- Type in any Notes for customer.
- Update the Odometer reading
- Update any changes to the Labour Qty etc
- In the Job Actions section - Do you need to manually add technician time, click on Log Technician Time and complete.
- In the Job Action section - To add an attachment, click on Add attachment and complete.
**Please note the size limit of each image is restricted to 1.25MB. Users can upload larger images but please be aware that they will be compressed to still fix the 1.25MB limit
- Once the status of the Service Job has been changed to complete and the job is now ready for Checkout.
- In the Select what you want to Checkout section, it will indicate any items ie Service Job 1 that is available for checkout.
- You can process multiple Payment Methods > just choose your Payment Method and type in the amount payable by that payment method / then choose another Payment Method for the next payment until full amount of the Customer Order is complete.
- If there are multiple items for Checkout, the user can choose which items are being checked out
- You can backdate your payment or invoice. Please see our article -How to Backdate Customer Order Deposits / Payments / Invoices
Once the Customer Order has been paid in full and the Balance Due area changes to GREEN
Click on with the option to Print Invoice or Email Invoice to customer.
- Once the Customer Order is finalised, no further changes can be made as the status is now CLOSED and a new Invoice History section has been added.
- The Customer Order will now list on the Customer Record
- It will also list on the Customer Owned Unit Service History