CUSTOMER ORDER UNIT DEAL FOR TRADE IN UNIT ONLY
Dealership is buying a unit directly from a Customer.
Instead of processing the purchase of the Customer Owned Unit through Vendor Unit Receiving, Blackpurl now has the ability to process the purchase as a Customer Order Unit Deal for Trade In Unit only.
How to Process:
- The start of the process is for you to begin with create a Customer Order > Unit Deal
Then in the Unit Deal > Deal Actions section click on
- Search for or add the Customer Owned Unit that is being Traded then click on
- Complete all the required Trade In fields
Taxable / Applicable Tax - will the unit be Taxable and if so what is the Applicable Tax
Agreed Value - How much the Dealership has agreed to buy / trade in the unit for
Actual cash value (ACV) excluding tax - How much the Actual Cash Value is to the Dealership / how much it is actually worth
- Over trade is when you trade the unit in for more than it is worth
- Under trade is when you trade the unit in for less than it is worth
- Exact trade when you are trading it in for what it is actually worth
- Remember that in most situation, if there is a lien on the unit, it is the Dealership's responsibility to
discharge the lien before selling the Trade In unit on
- For additional information on Lien Payouts, please review our article -Introduction to Customer Order - Unit Deal Trade In with Lien Payout I
Appraisal Status - has the appraisal process been completed? Pending Appraisal / Appraisal Complete
Appraisal Notes - free text field to record any notes you want to indicate when doing the Appraisal
Appraisal by - Indicate who has done the appraisal and has come up with the figures for the Trade In
- Note that the Checkout now has a credit for what the dealership is paying for the unit.
- To trigger Blackpurl that this is not a Unit Deal with Trade In but just a Trade In, go back to the Unit 1 section and click on
- Only the Trade In section will remain in the Unit Deal
- Once the Dealership has confirmed with the customer that the transaction is going ahead, change the Unit Deal Status to Approved and then click on
- Now all the Dealership needs to do is click on
- Ensure that the relevant checkbox is ticked
- Click on the payment type you are using to pay the Customer for the Trade In unit.
- Check the amount
- Click on
- Then click on
- The Trade In Unit will be given a Stock number and is now available in Stock
- Customer Order will close out
- Customer Order will then list under the Customer's Record