HOW TO PROCESS A UNIT DEAL QUOTATION INTO A SALE - TEMPORARY UNIT
- The Dealership has already provided a quotation to the customer for a Customer Order for Unit Deal for a temporary unit.
- Recall the Customer Order Unit Deal Quotation that the customer is accepting onto the screen.
- To change the unit from a Temporary Unit to a Stocked unit > in the Temporary Unit section, click on
Once the unit is listing > Click to Replace
- Time to change the status of the Unit Deal to In Progress.
- Options and Fees / Trade Ins etc
- Edit Pricing as required
- If the Unit Deal is Financed - review the Deal Financing section ie who the finance company is / amount etc within the Deal Financing section / has the financing been submitted / what is the status of that section?
- To commit and install the options, click on in the Deal Action section
- Deal Service 1 section for any options that are being sold with the unit and installed
- Deal Merchandise section for any options that are not getting installed
- Special Order section for any options that are not in stock and are required to be ordered.
TIP: Did you know that you can Stock In a Trade In unit prior to the finalisation of the Unit Deal? For further information, click on this link - How to stock in a Trade In Unit Prior to finalising the Unit Deal
- Finalising the Unit Deal:
- Complete the Special Order process by ordering the parts and receipting when received. Please review our article - How to Create A Vendor Order for a Customer Special Order
- Once all Special Order items have been received you can finalise the Deal Merchandise and Deal Service 1.
- Once all work is completed, your service department should have changed the status of the Deal Service 1 to Complete then click on
- Your service department should have also finalise the Deal Service 1 section by clicking on in the Job Action section.
- To finalise Deal Merchandise section, click on
- Finalise the Deal Financing section and if all completed / submitted and approved, change the status of the Deal Financing section to APPROVED.
- If you want to show full profitability on the Unit Deal, please ensure you type in the Participation / Commission. (This figure will not integrate to your accounting package)
- Once all Options have been fulfilled, you will be able to finalise the Unit Deal.
- Things to check:
- Have you noted the Salesperson and Commission Earned? This will allow full profitability to be shown on the Unit Deal.
For further information, please review our article - Setup Customer Order Unit Deal - Salesperson
- Trade In (If Applicable) - Have you entered the Agreed Value / ACV and finalised the Approval Section?
- Once you have done all the necessary checks, click on to change the status of the Unit Deal
You will need to change the Status to APPROVED and then click on
- Once all sections have been fulfilled and the Unit Deal section status is APPROVED, it is time to finalise the Unit Deal by clicking on
2. Choose a payment method (including finance if applicable)
3. Type in the amount that is getting paid by this payment method (repeat 2 & 3 for multiple payment methods)
TIP: Did you know you can now backdate a payment or an invoice date? Please review our article - How to Backdate Customer Order Deposits / Payments / Invoices
- An Invoice History section has been added and if all Unit Deals on this Customer Order are finalised, the Customer Order status is now closed so no further changes can be made.